Dear Stuller Customer,
We trust this note finds you safe and well.
Like you, we are doing a lot of thinking, planning, and hoping that these next few weeks will create the space needed to reengage with each other. At Stuller, we have focused our efforts on a few critical areas in order to give us the best chance to support your needs, whatever they may be.
1. What we are doing for employees
- Our top concern is ensuring the health and safety of our employees.
- We made multiple process updates to deliver enhanced cleaning services and created more social distance between work stations.
- We invested in PPE, such as masks for our employees, and began temperature checks upon entry into the facility.
- We established a ‘work from home’ process for all jobs that can be completed from a home office.
- For roles that cannot be completed from home, we established work shifts to keep the departments under ten employees at a time.
2. What we are doing for our customers
- Our phone, chat, and Stuller.com services are running normal operating hours Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m. CDT.
- This week, we are delivering in stock orders placed since our ‘stay at home’ proclamation began on March 23, 2020.
- Going forward, beginning April 14, 2020, we are shipping all in-stock items.
- We are delivering our Mother’s Day brochure to all businesses operating at this time.
- We are rebuilding our capabilities to ship made-to-order products and will be fully capable by May 4, 2020.
For 50 years, our passion has been serving you by providing quality, speed, and unmatched service. We cherish the relationships we have formed over the decades and are steadfastly committed to serving you in the decades to come. It’s impossible to imagine everything that you may need as your business begins to emerge from this crisis. Please reach out and let us know how we can help. You can count on us.