Permanent Jewelry: What You Need to Know
This hot trend is here to stay, and Stuller has all the essentials for your success.
Permanent jewelry is a hot commodity right now, and we’re here for it! Inspired by friendship bracelets, permanent jewelry has become increasingly popular due to its aesthetics and the unique experience involved in acquiring it. Evolving from the hand-woven friendship bracelets of the 1970s, today’s permanent jewelry is sleek, sophisticated, and made of various precious metals including 14K yellow gold, white gold, rose gold and platinum.
Fashion influencers have made welded-on jewelry videos with the hashtag #permanentjewelry go viral on TikTok with over 359.9 million views and counting. Pop-up permanent jewelry events and bracelet bars are on the rise, and many sessions sell out as quickly as they’re advertised. Fine jewelry boutiques may cater exclusively to permanent jewelry customers and are open by appointment, while retail chains might offer walk-in services on a first-come, first-serve basis.
How Does Permanent Jewelry Work?
The process of securing permanent jewelry onto the wearer is easy, quick, painless, and non-invasive. Measure the length of chain needed, cut the chain, and place it around your customer’s wrist, neck, ankle, or finger. Connect a jump ring and then close it quickly and easily with a pulse-arc welder. Add beautiful dangles and links to create unique, personalized jewelry that can be worn — always.
Having custom bracelets, necklaces, anklets, or rings welded on permanently is a unique experience that can symbolize the bonds of love, friendship, and commitment. It’s a great personalized option for bridal showers, baby showers, anniversaries, birthdays, parents and their children, sisters, and just because.
Permanent Jewelry Essentials
Ready to dive into the permanent jewelry business? It’s easy to get started, and Stuller has all the essentials for your success. Create a designated space in your store for the permanent jewelry services you plan on providing. You will need a pulse-arc welder, a startup kit, a variety of custom length chain, jump rings, dangles and links, plus a display to showcase the chain options.
- Have various styles of chain by the inch readily available for your permanent jewelry business. Stuller has a broad offering of chains in custom lengths available in yellow gold, white gold, rose gold, platinum, and sterling silver. We have the perfect custom length chain styles for permanent jewelry such as anchor, box, cable, curb, figaro, rolo, rope, and heart link chains.
- Permanent jewelry can be personalized by adding beautiful dangles and links. Our Petite Pav Petite Pavé Dangle Collection has affordable, sparkling styles your customers are sure to love.
- Jump rings should always be on hand and we have so many sizes and precious metals to choose from.
- The Sunstone™ Orion™ Pulse Arc Welder effortlessly closes jump rings and chains with incredible speed. It’s ideal for a clean, safe weld when adding permanent jewelry on a customer and has the power to tackle all sorts of jobs.
- Our Permanent Jewelry Welding Starter Kit includes tinted welding glasses, a practice stainless steel chain, skin protection pad, one cutter, and two pliers.
- Presentation is everything and we have a wide range of lovely displays for your showcase. Make it easy for customers to browse their options and mix and match to create their custom permanent jewelry piece.
Stuller makes it easy to find everything you need to be successful. Whether you are a new designer or have an established jewelry business, adding permanent jewelry to your offerings can be a great source of increased revenue and repeat customers. Check out Stuller.com/PermanentJewelry to learn more.
We encourage you to share photos of your permanent jewelry creations using Stuller products. Include #HowIStuller #permanentjewelry #permanentbracelet in your social media posts.
Cheryl holds a bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. Her extensive experience in the radio and print magazine industries and love of custom jewelry paved the way for her to become a Stuller storyteller.