Insider Tips on Social Media Management
Get an inside look of the exact steps we take in planning our social media content.
As a business owner, we understand that you have a lot of responsibilities to juggle. On top of actually running your business, you also have to do your own marketing and social media management. Planning a month of social media content can seem like a daunting task, but with the right planning and a solid routine you can create a plan in no time.
The easiest way to stay on top of your social media platforms is to keep a consistent posting cadence. I recommend starting each month with a clean slate and a mind full of ideas! I will give you an inside look into how we plan our social calendars each month in hopes that it might inspire you when prepping your social media.
Start With an Empty Calendar and a Handful of Key Dates
The first thing we do is input whatever holidays or campaigns we know are standards for the month. Another fun way to implement content is to look at the National Day Calendar. This is a calendar filled with lists of days celebrating topics of all kinds. While they don’t always make sense for your business, they are a great excuse for extra content ideas and a few highly engaging hashtags to take advantage of!
Here are a few examples of National Days in June to keep in mind:
- June 4th – National Bubbly Day
- A picture of someone wearing lots of jewelry, holding a glass of champagne!
- June 8th – National Bestfriend Day
- Matching best friend necklaces or bracelets.
- June 11th – National Red Rose Day
- A flat lay or someone holding a lacquered red rose with gold trim (61-9141)
- June 18th – National Splurge Day
- Highlight diamond and gemstone jewelry — “We never need an excuse to treat ourselves!”
- June 19th – Father’s Day
Create and Gather Your Content
The next step is one of the most important pieces to the puzzle: creating the content. Whether you create it yourself or hire an expert (which we highly recommend to take the stress off of you), try to create your content in batches and get it all done at once. You will thank yourself later when your entire month’s content is already created and you don’t have to scramble each day.
Write Your Copy
Schedule some time to write all your captions for the upcoming month. You will quickly get into the groove of it and find that it actually goes by much easier when you do it all at once! Don’t forget to include some fun emojis and interactive topics/questions in your captions.
Another tip? Keep a running list of different hashtags for different topics that you can easily copy and paste on each post!
- Jewelry Hashtag Examples: #FineJewelry #TrendingNow #JOOTD #JewelryoftheDay #OOTD #OutfitoftheDay #JewleryAddict #JewelryLove #EverydayJewelry #InstaFashion #JewelryGram #JewelryDesigner #TimelessJewelry #Stylish #GiftGuide #GiftsforHer #GiftsforHim #SmallBusiness #GemstoneJewelry #OnlineShopping #ShopSmall #SilverJewelry #GoldJewelry
- Bridal/Engagement Hashtag Examples: #Engagement #DreamRing #BrideToBe #WeddingInspo #FineJewelry #IDo #RingsofInstagram #ISaidYes #WereEngaged #WeddingDay #Ring #RingStyle #ShowMeYourRings #InstaWedding #RingGoals #WeddingPlanning #TogetherForever #Proposal #ImEngaged #JewelryGram #ROTD #RingSelfie #RingBling #💍 #RingoftheDay #StackableRings #WeddingBand
Prep and Schedule
The easiest part! Now that you have the hard part out of the way, it is time to schedule the content to make sure it goes out. Trust me, your future self will thank you for taking the time to do this in advance.
We love scheduling platforms like Meta Business Suite, Hootsuite, and Sprout Social that make it easy to schedule your content. Platforms like these will do all of the guesswork for you! They will tell you the best day and time to post based on your audience and will even automatically comment your hashtags for you. What a game changer. If I can suggest anything to help streamline your social media management, it is investing in a platform like this.
Watch Your Hard Work Pay Off
Sit back, relax, and tend to your customers without having to worry about making sure your social media posts go out on time!
As a final note, an additional benefit to being a Stuller First® customer, 302® Fine Jewelry retail partner, and/or ever&ever® retail partner is extensive marketing assets, such as high-resolution imagery, videos, and more. Let us help you make social media marketing a breeze.
Good luck and we’ll see you on social!
Social Media Specialist
Victoria holds a bachelor's degree in Visual Arts with a concentration in Graphic Design from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. Her background in design and vast experience with content creation helps give her a different viewpoint of the social media marketing world.